Scoping zu One Planet Mobility - European Cities
(Kooperation mit europäischen Partnerstädten)
Institut für Mobilität & Verkehr
Technische Universität Kaiserslautern
World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF)
Länderbüro United Kingdom
in Kooperation mit
Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI)
One of the key elements of the One Planet Mobility European Cities (OPM Cities) project is the development of a scenario testing software tool that will enable stakeholders of the urban transport field to estimate the carbon reduction potential of different transport policy scenarios. The objective is that the tool shall provide for strategic decision making for the multi stakeholder process of OPM Cities and increase the understanding of which policies (including multi stakeholder policies / actions) to choose in order to achieve a sustainable mobility vision (i.e. carbon reductions compatible with global reduction requirements and simultaneous achievement of high levels of quality of life).
During the scoping phase Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI, York) together with imove (University Kaiserslautern, Germany) will develop a technical project plan for the development of this REAP urban transport scenario tool.
Aktionen und Maßnahmen
- Survey with partner cities regarding transport relevant basic data, transport models, other relevant software, background information on political history in the urban transport field
- Development of the questionnaire with input from SEI
- Survey through questionnaire and phone interviews
- Analysis of survey results and processing / documentation
- Literature and internet review on transport relevant background information for partner cities and regarding transport indicators, transport models and transport related emission models
- Creation of a basis for decision for choosing the model and interfaces
- Location of details in a data flow chart in order to clarify the necessary interfaces
- Project plan for the technical development, time schedule, budget, methodology
- Partners (especially city partners and WWF local and international project leads) will have regular input and updates through basecamp documentation, email consultation, concalls etc.